Thursday 10 October 2013

Aspirin mask: part 2

In the previous blog I wrote about the aspirin mask. Since then I have tried it twice and the results are pretty amazing! It dried up my existing blemishes and made my face soft and glowy. Word of advice: do not pour water into whatever bowl your aspirins are sitting in, instead, add the water drop by drop with a teaspoon. I made the mistake of pouring in wayy too much water and although my tablets dissolved nicely.... it became a massive pool of milky water. I then went and tried to fix the problem by adding more than 1 tsp of honey... I think I had 1 tbsp by the end of it and it didn't make it any better, I ended up with a milky yellow pool of watery... stuff. I gave it a go anyway (avoid the eye area when applying the mask!) and spent the entire time lying down with tissues in my hand to wipe off the excess mask that kept dribbling down my neck... not a comfortable feeling. But thankfully the effects were still there and I was pretty pleased with the result. The moment I washed my face clean I couldn't wait to try it again. I gave it two days inbetween and this time being super careful with the water - it was even better. When washing the mask off it's best to dampen it with a little warm water and give the face a good massage to exfoliate using the aspirin bits - be gentle! the aspirin bits can be a bit rough. And if you're a bit clumsy like me and get honey in your hair and all over your neck, it's best to do it just before your shower.  Also be careful if you have any history of aspirin allergy, if you're unsure, test a bit on your arm first!

jjoee x

No comments:

Post a Comment